Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Our Cadavers


This past weekend was the memorial service for our cadavers.  The families whose loved ones donated their body to science were invited to celebrate that gift.  It was a beautiful service where students shared their experiences and were able to express their gratitude.

The boards list the names of the individuals who donated their body for the 2012-2013 school year. 

I was surprised to see just how many individuals had donated themselves. I’m sure these individuals impacted many lives while they were living and now they have continued to do so even in their passing. They have impacted the lives of future doctors, dentists, physical therapists, and pathologists’ assistants.  With the knowledge we have gained from them, one day we will be able to change the lives of those still living.

So a big thank you to Albert and the three other cadavers that I was able to study from this semester. I know I will be a better PA because of their generous gift. I cannot thank them enough!

WVU PA Class of 2014


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki,
    I have found your blog, which I really like it. Enjoyed to read your posts and stories.
    I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts and ideas on Glipho? It's a quite new social publishing platform for bloggers, where you can connect to every social network accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that schools have the memorial service for the cadavers. It helps to remind us of their generosity and their humanity.

    ReplyDelete